Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My First Babies

Newborns, oh what fun they were to play with for a while.

Meet 12 day old Bellah:

Bellah
50mm @f/6.3, 1/50, ISO 1250, EV +1

And 15 day old Mollie:

Mollie
50mm@f/4.5, 1/80, ISO 1250, EV 0

Twins, they are not. Currently they are neighbors, destined to be best friends and major competition with each other.
I have had the pleasure of knowing both of their Mom's for quite some time, and I have been looking forward to taking their pictures for months. They were the perfect little girls to have my first newborn session with.

Mollie and Bellah
50mm@f/4.5, 1/80, ISO 1250, EV 0

I must admit, I did my fair share of studying poses, lighting, and setups to use for these little girls, and everything was about 10x tougher that it seems.

We approached the situation with both the mothers calming the babies down, and feeding them both before we started. Bellah was first, since she was less rowdy.
She stayed asleep fairly well, until the tougher positions started; she began fussing and wiggling. All to be expectied.
Now, looking back on the situation, I don't know why it took us 30 minutes to decide to get the pacifier out, but when we did, smooth as glass.
She was a peach, a treat for the camera and such a wonderful little girl.

Bellah
50mm@5/6, 1/60, 1250, EV +1

Bellah
50mm@6.3, 1/60, 1250, EV 0
You can tell she is tipping over, quick shot on this one


Up next we had Mollie.
She was cracking me up, weighing only a pound more that Bellah, she still looked like a monster next to her. And smart! Woo, as soon as she took off those clothes we were fighting to get her asleep. Once we got her pacifier unfer control, and Mom worked with me to do the, "ok, 1, 2, 3, pull the pacifier out... click click click." We ended up with some great results.

Mollie
50mm@f/4.5, 1/80, ISO 1250, EV 0

Mollie
50mm@f/4.5, 1/80, ISO 1250, EV 0


The final challenge was to get them both asleep, and take some pictures together.
Much easier with the help of 2 pacifiers and 2 Mommies.

Mollie and Bellah
50mm@f/4, 1/60, ISO 1000, EV 0

Mollie and Bellah
50mm@f/4, 1/60, ISO 1250, EV 0

Those little angels were so precious, and such a learning experience. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to take some photos of them.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, David!
    It was a fun experience, for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I am sooo excited!!! I can't wait to see what you can do with my lil one!!

    ReplyDelete