Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rolls and Turkey and Pie, Oh my!

There is just something about November that puts a smile on my face. I've never been able to peg down exactly what it is; the cool weather, thick-bulky-warm-comfy clothes, the bursting colors of the trees all strike a winning note with me. And pies! Why is it that we feel the necessity to make pies only for Thanksgiving!!? They are simply wonderful, warm delights that make my taste buds tingle just thinking about it.

One this I do know is that I feel the need to destroy ever single apple cinnamon candle for horribly mocking the actual smell of an apple pie, and burn ever chunky knit sweater for making everyone look 30 lbs heavier. Still, the pros outweigh the cons.

Breaking out the old spices out of the cabinet that we rarely use is somewhat exhilarating: cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.

The accepting loss of the tan I worked so hard for this summer is a drag, but again, November wins with turkey and wine.

Thanksgiving has always been pretty relaxed in my family. Usually we just get together for some peace and quiet with mixed members of the gang.

This year was at Meemaw's house; who's rolls should be another food group. Needless to say it was a day for food, family and football... and naps.

I'm hoping that maybe 2010 will bring me to stick 23 candles into a chocolate chiffon pie to send me a little taste of November in July.

Homemade Rolls

Robust Spread

Tradition

Sacrament :)

Football/Nap time

No comments:

Post a Comment